The innovative chemistry research organization, ComInnex Inc. is looking for applicant
PhD Project Title: Photochemical transformations for library synthesis
Applications are invited for a 36-month position as a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Early-Stage Researcher (ESR) in the area of photocatalysis and synthetic organic chemistry. The work will be executed within the PhotoReAct project, which is an EU funded (project no. 956324) innovative training network (ITN) for new Early Stage Researchers (i.e. who have not yet obtained their PhD) aiming to make important contributions to the applicability and scalability of photocatalytic processes through the design of novel photocatalysts, new photocatalytic methodologies, cutting-edge technological solutions to enable automation and scalability, and immediate industrial implementation.
ComInnex is a chemistry service organization with strong interest and background in the development of chemical technologies. ComInnex’s key expertise lies in library synthesis and flow chemistry. The company offers flexible business models, delivers a superior added value and provides the highest customer satisfaction and return on investment to all its partners.
PhD Project description:
• Screening libraries for high throughput screening (HTS), fragment libraries and DNA-encoded libraries (DEL) are essential tools in drug discovery research.
• Success of these methods highly depend both on the diversity of the libraries and on the available follow-up chemistry.
• The project targets the development of novel methods and transformation to expand the chemical toolbox for library synthesis.
Description of the work:
• Under the supervision of Dr. Gellért Sipos, you will work in a small R&D team focusing on flow and photochemistry.
• You will develop novel and practical methodologies using photocatalysis (and flow chemistry) which can be later on applied in ComInnex’s library synthesis projects.
Relevant skills that will be considered are:
• Chemistry: Master Degree or equivalent
• Strong theoretical background and practical skills in organic synthesis and catalysis
• Practical experience in analytical methods (NMR, MS, HPLC
• Good level of English proficiency (understood, spoken and written)
• Skills in scientific writing (reports, papers, etc.)
• Team spirit and collaborative predisposition
• Experience in photochemistry or flow chemistry is plus
Eligibility and salary:
The position is open to candidates of any nationality, as long as they fulfil the requirements set for the ESRs funded by Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions:
• Candidates who have previously obtained a Ph.D. degree, or have more than 4 years of research activity from the date when they have obtained a University diploma giving access to doctoral studies, are not eligible.
• Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in country where the PhD will be conducted for more than 12 months within 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date.
• The salary of the ESRs will be paid according to the Marie Skłodowska-Curie action rules. For more information, please click here.
Type of contract:
• Start/duration: first quarter of 2021 or soon thereafter, for a period of 36 months
• Probation period: 6 months
Location: Graphisoft Park, Budapest
If you are interested in, please send your informal inquiries and your application including relevant documents (CV, motivation letter, names of referees, etc.) to Dr. Gellért Sipos (email@example.com).